Friday, March 23, 2012

Cruise Day 5 - 2012-03-23

Avi decided not to participate in the morning's ride to Anegada. We moved from the boat to a truck which took us around the island. The weather was far from great - grey, windy and drizzly. We saw where baby iguanas are taken to so that they wont be eaten by feral cats (which we did not see) and toured around the island. Was a nice drive but not very interesting. I did not take many photos, mainly because I forgot to replace the battery in the camera before I left so it died after a few shots.

By the time we got back to the boat we were "starving" (we have definitely gotten used to being over-fed with amazing food every few hours). Some of the group went out snorkeling. The next activity is pilates with Marina at 5:45. We are on a tight schedule as we have to leave at 7 for drinks and dinner back on Anegada.

Today's photos are at https://plus.google.com/photos/115788154995936631095/albums/5723191640500307697?authkey=CPL9tN3T4q7zxgE

P.S. - we ate excellent lobsters in Anegada - they were huge and so full of meat I did not even consider wrestling with the claws and such. When we got back on boat we went to visit the captain and see how he maneuvers the yacht back out to ocean. They have a fascinating array of monitors and electronic systems controlling all aspects of navigation, but they also need a crew member to keep watch at all times. Emma told us that they do occasionally spot a small boat which is not picked up by the instruments.

We were warned that the night will be rough and many people used the patch behind the ear. I had already put mine own a few hours earlier so I was rather confident I will be ok, and that I have absorbed enough anti-nausea medicine. Boy - was I wrong - I started throwing up before midnight and could not stop. Avi went up and got me a Dramamine so I was finally completely knocked out after midnight and woke up at 8am in a quiet mooring spot - feeling almost completely recovered...

P.P.S Quote of the Day - I feel a mixture of sadness and relief when they remove my plate at the end of a meal (Monika)

No comments: